How To Make Your Own Nakd Bars?
On my quest to go dairy free and to battle my addiction to all things chocolate, I have become rather fond of Nakd bars- or Larabars if you’re in the US.
My favorite just so happens to be the most simple of them- Cashew Cookie, comprising of only cashew nuts and dates AND like a gift from the gods, the percentages of each are printed on the back of each bar- so it would have been rude for me not to give making them a go, right?
They’re nothing like chocolate, but they satisfy the craving for something sweet I tend to get after a meal. By no means do I eat them daily, though- they might be healthier, but they’re still not exactly good for you! They also make the perfect mid-afternoon pick-me-up when you only want to nap, but that’s not possible…
INGREDIENTS OF HOMEMADE NAKED BARS:
- 306g Cashew Nuts
- 296g Medjool Dates, Pitted
- Line a loaf tin, or whatever tin you fancy using, with cling film (I prefer a loaf tin as both ends are rounded, making the bars more uniform, but it’s unnecessary!)
- Add the Cashews to a food processor and blitz until they resemble a fine powder.
- Add the Dates to the food processor and turn it back on until the mixture combines- it won’t look like the texture of Nakd bars at this point, but once you press it together, it will!
- Turn out the mixture into the loaf tin and press down firmly until level- smoothing off with a spatula! You get about one and a half tins, I generally roll the remaining mixture after filling the tin into balls for a smaller treat, or you could do two batches!
- Cover the top of the bars in cling film and pop into the fridge for around 30 minutes/ 1 hour- until firm, then remove from the fridge and cut up into bars!
It couldn’t be any simpler- once you’ve got a food processor, the world is your oyster, or so I think!
Pin me for later…
You May Also Like:
Ans: I honestly have no idea, I think the sugar content of nakd bars will come from the dates as they are pretty high in natural sugars but they have a relatively low-glycemic index so don’t raise blood sugar levels significantly if that makes them any more appealing! They’re definitely a treat rather than a healthy food though!
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- Super Seedy Granola Bars Recipe
- Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Nakd Bars Recipe
- Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Balls Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe
- Candy Cane Brownies Recipe
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake Recipe