How To Make Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe?
Now, doesn’t that sound tasty?!
I recently rediscovered (or perhaps just discovered, seeing as I think it’s a new obsession rather than one I’m re-visiting) the JAMMIE DODGER, all thanks to a local bakery that does the BEST’ jammy biscuits. I’ll re-create said biscuits one day, but for now, the humble Burton’s Biscuit co.
The offering has been bridging the gap- the only problem is that your everyday Jammie Dodger isn’t very decadent. It’s more reminiscent of a children’s party than afternoon tea; thus, I thought I had to make it more glorified; step in the Jammie Dodger Blondie…
It’s a variation on my ultimate blondie recipe and has been very well received by those lucky enough to try it! My dad even reckons it’s the best thing I’ve ever made- I’m not sure if this is high praise or not, though, because he’s also more than happy to eat most things that I’d normally throw out as soon as they leave the oven- if it’s a little bit charred all the better apparently??
If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll know how long I’ve been working on these! I made my first batch on the same day this year’s Bake Off started, about 11 weeks ago, but they’ve been worth the wait! I found a 33cm roasting tin worked best in the end for getting the perfect depth, and it also meant that they didn’t rise at the sides.
It can also be tempting to over-cook them, which isn’t the biggest travesty, but it does make them a little drier, so be sure to remove them from the oven as soon as they’re set!
JAMMIE DODGER BLONDIE RECIPE:
- 250g White Chocolate
- 150g Butter
- 100g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 100g Golden Caster Sugar
- 200g Plain Flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 4 tablespoons of Jam (or more if your heart desires!)
- 12 Jammie Dodgers (or more if you can fit them in!)
You can easily find these ingredients on amazon.com
METHOD TO MAKE JAMMIE DODGER BLONDIE:
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC/150°C. Fan and line and grease your baking tin; I tend to use a… but an 8 by 8-inch tin also works fab!.
- Melt the white chocolate and butter together either over a double boiler, mixing continuously or in a microwave in 30-second stints, mixing in between (it only took 3 x 30 seconds for mine to be completely melted, so make sure you keep an eye on it if it takes longer than a minute and a half reduce the stints to 10 seconds each to be sure not to burn it!).
- Add the sugars and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix again.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract with the rest of the mixture.
- Dollop teaspoons of your Jam all over the mixture and then take a knife and swirl through to make a lovely pattern and help distribute the Jam over the whole batch.
- Place the Jammie Dodgers on top of your mixture in whatever pattern you fancy!.
- Pour the mixture into your greased and lined tin and then pop it into the oven for 35/40 minutes until it doesn’t wobble! (low and slow seem to work best for these because of the Jam on the top!).
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin before portioning as you will!.
Please let me know if you try any of my recipes by leaving a comment or tagging me on social media! I’d love to know your favorite sweet treats so I can incorporate them into a bake in the future.
I’ve been trying to make some Jaffa Cake Brownies while working on these blondies, but it’s proving much more difficult than expected as the jelly melts so quickly, so while they taste good, they aren’t lookers!
Maybe I’ll move on to Oreos or try to make my angel cake to match my pastel stripe jumper?! At least the cold weather gives me an extra excuse to stay in and bake!
Pin me for later…
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- Super Seedy Granola Bars Recipe
- Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Nakd Bars Recipe
- Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Balls Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe
- Candy Cane Brownies Recipe
- Fab Flapjack Recipe