Mars Bar Krispie Squares Recipe:
Christmas is now, but a distant memory and I’ve found myself looking for chocolate-y treats again (who am I kidding, I never got sick of chocolate in the first place, but I know a lot of people do- including my parents- so I was banned from making chocolaty treats until I got back to London!).
The combination of the dark nights and staring back at uni has had me so tired that I’ve struggled to commit to any bakes that may keep me up too long! Instead, I’ve resorted to good old classics, which I know can’t go wrong and will be ready (& eaten) before bedtime.
Welcome the ‘Mars bar Krispies! They are one of my favorite, no fuss tray bakes, so quick and easy to knock up & they used to be a firm favorite in the boarding house (we were hounds! But can you blame us, who could refuse all that chocolate goodness).
You may be thinking, ‘aren’t they just chocolate Krispies but I would have to tell you to think again! The mars bar base is soooo much more decadent (obviously, they aren’t any showstopper, but they sure pack a punch in the flavor department!).
Ok, I’m rambling. Let’s get to it….
- 350g Mars Bar (around 9 multipack bars)
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 50g Butter
- 150g Rice Krispies
- 500g Milk Chocolate
METHOD TO MAKE MARS BAR KRISPIE SQUARES:
- Chop up the mars bar into small chunks and then add to a heatproof bowl with the butter and golden syrup, then heat over a double boiler until everything has melted, occasionally stirring to combine.
- Add the rice Krispies to the melted mars bar mixture, a little at a time, until fully incorporated and then pour onto a lined baking tray/dish and level.
- Put the rice Krispie mixture in the fridge for at least an hour until cool.
- Once the chocolate Krispie mix has cooled, melt the milk chocolate and spread it evenly over the top, then pop it into the fridge until set!.
- Voila, remove from the fridge and cut into pieces! (I’ll leave the size up to you!).
Have you managed to keep away from chocolate in the last month? (Did you even bother trying?!).
Pin me for later!
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- Super Seedy Granola Bars Recipe
- Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Nakd Bars Recipe
- Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Balls Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe
- Pink Lemonade Ice Lollies
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake Recipe
- Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
Leave a Reply