Easy gingerbread cheesecake recipe:
Now that Halloween and Bonfire night are over, we can unapologetically get into Christmas mode, right?
In my defense, the Christmas lights on Oxford street were turned on yesterday & I’m pretty sure that marks the beginning of the festive season, if nothing else.
So, when Wren Kitchens got in touch to ask about my favorite Christmas recipe with a twist, I couldn’t wait to share it with you!
Gingerbread is one of my favorite festive treats- and it’s super easy to make- so there’s no surprise it was the first thing that came to mind. The twist? Cheesecake!
This no-bake cheesecake is made with a gingerbread base, and the topping is flavored with all the spices that make Gingerbread so tasty- how could you resist?
Step aside mince pies, Yule logs, Christmas puds and trifles; there’s a new Christmas Dessert in town.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE NO-BAKE GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE:
- 250g Gingerbread (you can make your own using the recipe below or buy ahead!)
- 100g Butter, melted
- 400g Soft Cheese
- 200g Mascarpone
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 184ml Double Cream
- 2 tsp Ginger
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
You can easily find these ingredients on amazon.com
METHOD TO MAKE NO-BAKE GINGERBREAD CHEESECAKE:
- Line an 8″/20cm tin with baking parchment and then set aside.
- Crush the Gingerbread into small pieces with a rolling pin in a food bag, then blitz for a few minutes with a food processor until crumb-like.
- Melt the butter and then add it to the Gingerbread – mix well until fully combined, then spread evenly over the base of the cake tin and gently push down.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until the base is set.
- In the meantime, add the spices to the milk and mix well, then set aside.
- Add the cream cheese, mascarpone, caster sugar and milk mixture to a large bowl and then mix with a wooden spoon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cream with an electric whisk until it resembles the consistency of thick custard.
- Add the whipped cream to the cheese mixture and gently mix the two.
- Spoon the mixture a little at a time onto the base, ensuring it is spread evenly.
- Smooth the top and then place in the fridge overnight- or for a good few hours until set, probably at least 4, but it will depend on the temperature of your fridge!.
If you are making your Gingerbread- it’s so simple you may as well! And there will be plenty left over to create gingerbread men, too!- you will need:
- 300g Plain Flour
- 1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp All Spice
- 125g Butter
- 50g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 50g Muscovado Sugar
- 3 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan.
- Melt the sugar, golden syrup and butter in a saucepan on a medium heat.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix until a stiff dough forms and then turn out onto baking paper or a floured surface.
- Roll out until the dough is around 1/2 a centimeter thick, then cut out shapes of your fancy!.
- Pop on a lined baking tray and into the oven for 8-10 minutes- they might seem a little soft but harden up once cooled!.
If you give this or any of my other recipes, please let me know what you think!
I’ve been binge-watching Christmas films all weekend & can’t wait for December to roll around so we can get a tree and decorate the house!
Do you have any favorite Christmas recipes? What would your ‘twist’ be? Check out the rest of the recipes created in collaboration with Wren here.
Pin me for later…
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- Super Seedy Granola Bars Recipe
- Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Nakd Bars Recipe
- Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Balls Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe
- Pret Popcorn Bar Recipe