I’m writing this while Storm Dorris thrashes around outside and wishes I had made them today rather than a couple of weeks ago- there’s something so cozy about baking- and, obviously, the sweet treats that come from it! (Look at me, classic Brit- talking about the weather!)
There’s also something about Nutella that is so irresistible- at school, we would vie for packets to put on our toast at break time; nowadays, I sandwich it between crackers and struggle to stop at one. Even an infographic I saw recently showing the ingredients of Nutella as a cross-section of the jar isn’t enough to put me off. So, if we’re going to eat it, we might as well go big- why not fill a cookie with the good stuff?
NUTELLA SEA SALT COOKIES INGREDIENTS:
- 200g Milk Chocolate broken into chunks
- 100g Butter
- 100g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 175g Nutella
- A few pinches of sea salt
You can easily find these ingredients on Amazon.com
METHOD TO MAKE NUTELLA SEA SALT COOKIES:
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl.
- Add the egg and continue to mix.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Add 50g of the Nutella and swirl it through the mixture- I find using a knife and cutting motions work best!
- Grease and line a baking tray (or two if you’ve got a spare- it’ll make the process faster!)
- For each cookie, scoop a spoonful of mixture and then flatten it between your hands.
- Add a large teaspoon of Nutella to the middle and then fold the dough around the Nutella, ensuring no gaps.
- Place on the baking tray and then flatten slightly with the palm of your hand. Then sprinkle a tiny pinch of sea salt over the top.
- Pop into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies are lightly golden on top. They probably won’t look/feel like they’ve been in long enough, but I promise they have!.
- Leave each batch on the tray for another 10 minutes to firm up before moving it to a cooling rack.
What’re your favorite Nutella sea salt cookies recipes? I can’t wait to slather it over pancakes next week; I wait all year for the opportunity! (That’s not true, but who doesn’t love an extra excuse to indulge?!).
Pin me for later…
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- Super Seedy Granola Bars Recipe
- Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Nakd Bars Recipe
- Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Balls Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe
- Candy Cane Brownies Recipe
- Raspberry and Almond Loaf Cake Recipe