Simple Choco Chip Cookie Recipe:
Seen as it’s December I couldn’t resist a christmassy twist but obviously feel free to use any plain old chocolate chunks (If you’re a Scrooge..).
This is my No.1 go to recipe and I’ve never had anything but compliments from these beauties- I’m actually pretty reluctant to share it after years of keeping it to myself (bar a few friends who got very lucky!) so you better appreciate it!
SIMPLE CHOCO CHIP COOKIE RECIPE:
- 125g Butter
- 100g Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 120g Caster Sugar
- 1 egg
- A Dash of Vanilla Extract
- 230g Self-Raising Flour
- 200g Chocolate
You can easily find these ingredients on amazon.com
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan.
- Cream the butter and sugars.
- Add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour (you can sift if you think it’s necessary but i don’t bother) and mix until combined.
- For the best chocolate chips break up a large bar into uneven pieces (or a few large bars!) and then incorporate into the dough- You want choc chips in every cookie.
- Grease and line a baking tray.
- We have a few options here- you can either roll the dough into a sausage shape and chill for 15 mins and then slice to make neat, identical cookies OR you could roll the mixture into small balls OR (my choice) spoon a small amount of dough onto the baking parchment.
- Bake for around 10 mins until lightly golden- they will still seem undercooked until they cool sightly! So don’t be tempted to overcook them because they will end up crispy like brandy snaps.
- You will probably get at least 3 batches out of the dough-depending on how big yours are- so I usually prepare two baking sheets which I can alternate between as the cookies will need to sit for a while & cool (10 mins or so) before you move them.
As always please let me know if you bake these! I’d love to hear what you thought!
Pin me for later!
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- Super Seedy Granola Bars Recipe
- Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Nakd Bars Recipe
- Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Balls Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe
- Pink Lemonade Ice Lollies
- Peanut Butter White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Gingerbread Cheesecake Recipe
- Mars Bar Krispie Squares
- Posh Mince Pie Recipe
- Shortbread Stars Recipe
- Triple Choc Rolo Cookies Recipe
Leave a Reply