My go-to breakfast is always either porridge or granola- so when I fancied a sweet treat that could double up as breakfast on the go or an afternoon snack, I thought a Granola bar was the perfect solution!
My cupboards are stocked with these ingredients all year round, so it was whipped up in a minute- if you don’t have the exact seeds/nuts/fruit feel free to substitute them for whatever you have in your cupboards or what you fancy most!
I love all the textures that go on in these, crunchy but chewy, and every mouthful has something different- a taste sensation!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE SUPER SEEDY GRANOLA BARS:
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 5tbsp Honey
- 120g Butter
- 2tbsp Peanut Butter
- 40g Pumpkin Seeds
- 20g Sunflower Seeds
- 40g Raisins
- 40g Dried Cranberries
- 100g Mixed Nuts
You can easily find these ingredients on Amazon.com
METHOD TO MAKE SUPER SEEDY GRANOLA BARS:
- Preheat the oven to 180/160 fan, line
- Combine the oats and sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Melt the butter and honey together in a saucepan and then pour over the oat and sugar mixture; add the peanut butter and mix well
- Add the nuts, seeds and dried fruit, saving a couple of handfuls, and mix until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the lined baking tin, press down to ensure the mixture is spread evenly and then sprinkle the remaining seeds, nuts and dried fruit over the top before pressing down firmly.
- Pop into the oven for 15-20 minutes until very lightly golden at the edges- don’t be tempted to overdo it, as it’ll harden as it cools.
- Leave to cool before cutting into portions.
Realistically these are flapjacks with some added extras, but who doesn’t want to kid themselves that their treats are healthy?!
What are your go-to treats at the minute? My sweet tooth seems to be taking over at the minute, so I’d love any inspiration on what to make next!
Pin me for later…
Bookmarking the recipe so I can grab some ingredients and get seedy granola-ing! – Katie
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- Super Seedy Granola Bars Recipe
- Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Nakd Bars Recipe
- Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Balls Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe
- Candy Cane Brownies Recipe
- Summer Berry Cake Recipe