The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe:
I could start with a little Gwen Stefani. Still, I feel I’ve already worn that out in previous banana-based recipe posts, SO it’s going to have to be put on the shelf for the time being. However, I guess it’s a sign of success for her that her lyrics come to mind whenever I think of the yellow fruit (or isn’t it technically a berry?).
Banana bread is one of those recipes that I constantly go to; whenever I buy bananas, I secretly hope I won’t get through them all before they get a little too ripe and have to be made into a cake; I did start freezing the odd one that turned brown to have them on hand whenever I fancied some banana bread, but unfortunately, I’ve not had many looks when using the frozen variety- if you have any ideas why or how I can make them work please let me know!
Anyway, onto the recipe!
The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe Ever:
- 100g Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
You can easily find these ingredients on amazon.com
- Preheat your oven to 180°/160° fan and grease/line a 2lb loaf tin.
- Mix the butter, sugar, self-raising flour, baking powder and eggs into a bowl and beat together with an electric whisk.
- Mash the bananas up with a fork and then add to the rest of the batter, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Pour into the cake tin and then pop into the oven for approx 50minutes until lightly golden and springy to the touch.
- Leave the loaf in the tin until the tin has cooled, and then remove the loaf and place it on a wire rack to cool fully.
And there you have it! I’m sure you can see why it’s such a favorite of mine now, given how simple the recipe is and how little time it takes to prepare!
I hope you’ve had a fab Monday; now I’m going to make another loaf, so I’ve got a slice to eat while I watch Bake Off tomorrow night! Yes, I caved and am watching even on Channel 4 without my beloved Mary Berry!
I have to say the adverts are incredibly annoying, but aside from that, it’s remarkably similar to the series that aired on the BBC previously. It’s about the bakers, after all. Have you been watching? Do you have a favorite yet?
I’ve got about 4/5 at the minute, and I’m not willing to disclose who, although if you happen to check my Twitter at 8 pm on Tuesday, I’m sure you’ll get a good idea!
I’m considering making Monday recipe posts a regular thing while #GBBO is on; what’re your thoughts? I’d love to know whether that seems like overkill or not…? Let me know! Also, give me a heads-up if there are any bakes you’d love a recipe for; I’m more than happy to oblige!
Pin me for later…
- Festive Rocky Road Recipe
- Candy Cane Chocolate Bark
- Super Seedy Granola Bars Recipe
- Nutella and Sea Salt Cookies Recipe
- Homemade Nakd Bars Recipe
- Cacao and Hazelnut Energy Balls Recipe
- Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- The Very Best Banana Bread Recipe
- Jammie Dodger Blondie Recipe
- Candy Cane Brownies Recipe
- Pret Popcorn Bar Recipe